Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One more year...

It's that time of year here at the casa. It's birthday time! My favorite Sailor and I are one year older (well, he still has a few days) and I must proudly say that I am feeling pretty darn accomplished this year. We both have done so many great things and are taking the time to readjust to something we haven't had much of during our married life, TIME TOGETHER! Those pesky deployments cramped our newlywed years and for once we are learning how to live together as a married couple. Yes, I know our relationship is NOT new by any means we have been together now for six years but there have been many adjustments here on the rock. In our short 2 years and 4 months of marriage we have endured the changes of marriage, being a military family, grad school, family separation, career changes to name a few.

It is with great joy for me to type that we are in a good place right now.
We have both taken up running and I am in training for my very first half marathon.

I did achieve my goal, I lost 30 pounds before my birthday, actually during the last deployment I lost 37 pounds. A big shout out to OLU, PATTI, SHANNON for their knowledge and expertise and motivation. Now I will be honest and I have gained back 5 pounds but I am overall happy. I hit my ultimate goal of size 4 but now I with my muscle mass with running and a healthy diet I am a comfortable size 6.

It's been a year of team building for us and none of this would have been possible without our FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.

Here's to another year... well....back to making doughnuts...
I mean homework.
I still have another year of grad school, please start praying now for me that I pass my comprehensive exam this coming Spring 2011.

More to come.... I promise.

I must share my birthday gift with you all, my favorite Sailor literally flew my sister out for my birthday, talk about a great present. Geez, I have no pressure for his birthday in a couple of days.

Until the next time....

p.s.
If you know me then you know that my world stopped for a brief moment this past weekend, Eddie got married. Congrats Eddie and Jill. <3

No comments: