Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dear Mom and Dad

Since I am writing letters publicly I figured I would do as my husband a.k.a MY Favorite Sailor as suggested me to do MANY times... I am going to write my parents. Tonight as part of my healing and yet still mourning process....

I carry very deep feelings about my parents within myself and never express them publicly until now...

Dear Mom and Dad,

I miss you so much.

I know that my brothers and sisters miss you both so much as well.

There are many times that I turn to pick up the phone to call you both and then realize that I can't.
I know that you hear me in my thoughts and see my tears but I want you to know that you are not forgotten.
Everyday I think of you both and wish that you were here physically to see all of the greatness that all of your children have done and could have shared in it here with us physically here on Earth.
I do think that it is amazing that you have the best seat in watching all of us from heaven and so that you never have to feel that you are not dividing your time amongst all of kids evenly.
It is even more great that I never saw you grow old or gray, I will always remember you as young vibrant parents.
I know that it is because of the holidays that makes these feelings so much more profound but there is NEVER a day that I don't remember you all. I love you mom and dad and thank you for teaching me all that I know today.
When I think of my struggles I remember that it is because of you I have the opportunities that I have today, not once did either of you complain about your struggles in life or did you feel robbed for knowing that your life was to be too short.
You taught us not to worry about the material things and not to worry about what others thought or did and to live life to the fullest because we all know that it can be too short.
I hope to live my life as you have taught me and dedicate everyday to you both.
Miss and love you.

Jai

1 comment:

Olulani Garcia said...

This is a beautiful one Jai. It made me cry thinking of the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins I have lost. That's nothing compared to you, but I do understand the need to give grief form and shape. Know that I'm always here for you too, and yes, your mom and dad have the best seats in the house and are always there. By the way, you are a great writer, you just don't know it...