Friday, August 29, 2008

Feliz Cumpleaños a Mi - Ode to the Duty Day gods



Today is my 29th birthday, literally.  This is not a mock "29" but the real deal! The day started off with the phones blowing up at 5:30 am Hawai'i time.  Thanks Jackson and Aunt H for that! Hehehe, that had to have been one of the cutest, sincerest retentions of the birthday song I have heard in a long time.  My 23 old brother singing his little heart out! Watch out for him at the next American Idol try - outs.  I am so happy that all of my brothers and sisters called me and wished me a happy bday, it means a lot to me.  Even my little Seashell called, she said she had it written in her planner.  LOL, the 1o year old has a planner.  Lulu and Marco called, Lulu called again to rub it in that she was buying me a cake in Texas and was going to eat it for me and Panchoman gave me a couple of calls before my quest to take myself out for my bday.  I even got a call from my mother in law, first time, I have never had one of those before.  hahaha Thanks everybody! I got emails from friends and my cousin Joe. Shout out to Jerri!!  It feels good to be loved! I must sincerely thank the good ol' US Navy for this present, my husband has duty TODAY!  What does that mean to you civilians??  Ugh, in short it means that my husband had to spend his wife's birthday on the freaking ship and had to stand watch.  Thank goodness he had a decent watch and was able to call me before he went to bed, but nothing like a memorable birthday courtesy of the Navy.  My bro had a good point, at least this year Love is in the same town, state, continent, etc!! Good point!! We will make up for it this weekend!!  So, what did Jai do today???  Glad, you asked.  I went job hunting.  It's that time of year again.  School is back in session and surprisingly enough I am not having school withdrawals.  LOL! But I do think that the time has come for me to get a job.  We are blessed to have steady income but I am starting to crawl the walls here at home.  I applied for an elementary teaching position and let's keep our fingers crossed.  If not, then I anticipate on starting graduate studies soon.  Soon after dropping off my application at the prospective school, I had a very late birthday brunch, nothing like Mc Donald's for your birthday.  For those of you who know me, I am cheap!! I had a FREE Southern chicken sandwich with purchase of a large drink, so that was my lunch.  (thank you JennJ for the coupon) I then took myself out shopping for my birthday and treated myself to a dinner of sushi! ONE OF MY FAVORITES! I must admit, that is one perk of living in paradise, the abundance of sushi restaurants.  I was touched by a fellow military wife's invitation to make me a bday dinner or take me out for my bday.  It is nice to have such friends, especially in a new place.  Thank you Erin and Erin's husband.  Your kindness really touched my heart today! I went out to the mall and bought myself a few new things and I really, really enjoyed my sushi dinner.  The downfall was that I arrived at Genki sushi around 8:35 and they close at 9, so I asked for some to-go containers so that I could eat my dinner at home.  I felt so bad being there with all of the other customers leaving and I was just getting my food.  Thankfully, the waitstaff was polite.  So, that was my glamorous dinner, I brought it home and ate at my own kitchen table.  I decided on not baking my own cake, as this weekend is an extended weekend, so let's see if I can persuade love to put on his baking mitts.   I will let you know if he can bake or not.  I would like a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting and fresh strawberries, please!Today's Question is brought to you by: "Duty day: assured to question or ruin your plans at any and every given time" BOO DUTY DAY! It is a mutal hate..Jai hates duty day, duty day hates Jai.  I will get you my pretty!!!! 

Question: What color of shirt was the mole wearing on today's birthday episode?  (hehehe, if you watched the show "The Mole" you are laughing, if not you think I am an idiot!)
Answer: If the birthday girl is the mole then you know purple is somewhere in the wardrobe!  

No comments: