Thursday, September 4, 2008

The BEST Birthday Weekend EVER!!!




Where do I start?  Remember that DH (dear husband) had the infamous duty day for my actual birthday?  Well, DH did a magnificent job ensuring that this past labor day weekend was phenomenal! YES, PHENOMENAL!!! I got my birthday wish of a homemade strawberry birthday cake from DH, and I have the photos to prove he baked it!! YUMMY!! DH said that baking definitely takes away his man points.  

I don' t think so.  
(Although, I refrained from posting embarrassing photos of DH baking.)



Well... So, DH came home EARLY from work on Friday and thus began the best weekend ever!!!  Thankfully, it was Labor day weekend so we had plenty of time to enjoy birthday festivities! Friday night was full of beverages and dancing and even an infamous Taco Bell run to satisfy my "happy" hunger, even if now it gives me "tummy aches".  (I AM GETTING OLD!!)  We went out and enjoyed live music at Aloha Tower, which is near the water which is totally romantic despite the smell of the water.  (another great shot of me being too short! actually we need to delete the mishap shots!)




No worries, it gets better! I was treated to dinner Saturday night at 
Buca di Peppo and it was soooooo good!! I LOVE ITALIAN!! mmmmm.....It has been a while since I have had some good Italian food, because well the island lacks some decent Italian and Mexican food for that matter.  We had a great pre-party at home gearing up for going out and laughing at our ipod shuffling choices for the night as we prepared to hit the town.  It is so good to hang out with my husband and laugh and be myself.  We were so giddy by the time we left we were dancing fools in our living room before dinner.  We found out that here in Hawaii there is a Kmart conveniently located on the way home that is open 24 hours, just in case of a pit stop.  Yes, me with tiny bladder.  We had to recover all day Sunday from Saturday night fever.  LOL
 We went out to Pearl Ultra Lounge.  We closed the place down at 4am and well the experience of being PROBABLY the only married couple (married to each other, for sure!) was quite interesting.  It felt so good to be there with the man I adore and married.  We quickly realized that we hadn't been clubbing since before we got married and it was a unique experience for each of us.  We felt awkward knowing that we did not care for the happenings of the club patrons or anyone else around else for that matter.  We are so over the going out looking for somebody chapter in our lives.  Dressing up to go out and "search".  We are only care about each other! It has been like that for us for 3 years now, but now with married life we happily walk hand in hand.  It was so good to know that all attention about our surroundings did not matter and all we needed to have a good time is each other.  The music was decent and reminiscent to previous going out days and we were talking about our previous going out times with each other and how our paths crossed and now we are married and on the same path.  The weirdness of girls looking at my husband, I could feel them stare at him and then they realize that he has a wedding band and that the girl he was with IS his wife, duh matching wedding band!! It didn't deter some from staring that's for sure.  I walked with confidence as I knew my husband was with me and not any thought to anything or anyone else matters.  We share a love for dancing even in public places and I honestly admit my husband can dance and does so much better than I.  I am grateful for that.  Another plus, girls you will like this one, well besides that my husband is a gentleman and to this day will not let me touch a door or carry anything, but the feeling of knowing when I walked out of the restroom @ Pearl, he is there waiting for ME! (even if he says that at times my eye shadow color choices are a little much,  well you only live once! yes, I am wearing aqua, gold and black shadow and the night before, PURPLE!)  


Pearl was a good venue (check the place our here -Pearl Ultra Lounge)and we will visit again, the drinks are GREAT(my dear cousin Joe, I definitely had one for you!!!), it wasn't full of the teen age Waikiki crowd(aka Señor Frogs...did I tell you all about our honeymoon Señor Frogs experience? I NEED TOO!), thankfully a more established group even if the girls were looking at my husband,parking was relatively easy and we actually liked that it is located at the top of a mall seemed to be way safer than some places we have seen or heard of in Waikiki.  It was fun though to be celebrating another birthday with the man I love and he truly is the best.  We realize that not everyone will be able to fiesta in Hawaii, so why not live it up? We also learned that we both happen to like the Madonna/Justin Timberlake/Timbaland 4 minutes song.  (ssshhhh, he probably won't admit that fact!) 

Sunday was recovery day.  I am learning that I am not nearly as young as I think I am and well my recovery time is getting longer.  Our eating out continued as we had Ruby Tuesday and I would like to be an advocate for the turkey avocado burger, that thing is GOOD! Sunday was relaxing, and then we still had Monday! Whoo hoo! Sunday night was baking night as my love baked my bday cake, yumm strawberry and we searched the Sunday paper for labor day sales.  Let's pause to do a friendly reminder for my military friends! Don't forget your ID! I went to the mini mart to grab a few things because I did not want to hassle going to the commissary when I go to check out and I realize I left my ID in my other purse, grrr.  I stashed my basket, I know...BAD! But I went back home got my ID and found my basket and checked out.  

Monday, we went to Sears to see the sales on a possible early birthday present for my love.  AHHHHHH!!! They had one! He has been wanting a craftsman tool box for the longest time and bless his heart, he hasn't been able to get one because of somebody...ok yes me, and well he said it wasn't a priority.  We were approached by a salesman only to tell us that we were mistaken, the model we were looking at wasn't on sale.  WHAT?! I asked the gentleman, may I see your sales ad, please.  He didn't look to happy.  He comes back with it and what do you know?!! It's on sale.  My bad, he says.  My bad? Whatever.  It must be mislabeled on the floor, you are correct.  Would you like to purchase?  Ugh not from you...(that is what I was thinking, but I don't say out loud for ONCE) but my DH proceeds to ask questions about other models and says we need to think on it.  Ok, salesman goes and returns again, this time DH says yea ok. Do you have one in stock?  Upon this intelligent salesman's search, oh no sir, we sure don't.  Can you wait a couple of days?  Or you can go get it from our distribution center tomorrow.  What?  We decide to go look at curtains, I have been so desperate to beautify our home that the search for living room window treatments has been a bust, I am waiting for the right ones.  DH finds them! How does he do that ?  Really?? He has impeccable taste and found some wonderful curtains, I swear I married good! This man knows how to match.  I remind him of that.  He already knew how to match his clothing, his shoes ALWAYS match his belt and knows when to wear white or black socks and I totally believe this to be PRIOR to his military service,(I know his mom, trust me SHE taught him well, the man is also A CLEAN FREAK!) there are photos to prove it and HE CAN IRON! LOL Anyways, so of course there is only 1 curtain so I am on the hurt for an associate to locate others in the backroom when HOLY cow the line for the cashier is 2 miles long,  come to find out towels were on sale.  Finally, I reach someone who goes to the back to find curtains and when she comes out totally walks past me and leaves them with the cashier.  I go and grab them and well DH and I decide that this is my bday treat for him the tool box I go to make my purchase of tool boxes and curtains when the NEW sales associate, asks "do you know where merchandise pick up is?  Ugh, yes I do.  (DH bought some new tools upon me arriving to the island) Why?  You can pick up your merchandise as soon as you are ready.  Excuse me???  ALL of the pieces of my love's tool box set was in stock!! I really don't think there was a drop off in the 30 minutes we were looking at curtains, just one of many Hawaiian mysteries of being treated like a haole.  Today's question: Why is it that people here think I am native? I finally look like others around me I guess, and I am TALLER than most.  No, I am not kidding.  I have always thought to be Asian or Samoan not the Mexican, Italian, Spanish American I am.  Asi es la vida. Photos to come of the infamous tool box.  

No comments: