Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


This is for my dad!

I wish you a very HAPPY Birthday !!! (you would be 63)

I know that up in heaven, you are so proud of ALL of your kids!
I pray that one day I will make such a profound impact on my very own children just as you and mom did with me.
I can not feel more blessed than to have such wonderful parents whose short time on earth has given me a lifetime of memories and love.

It has been a long 17 years dad that you have been gone but I want you to know that you are not forgotten.
Today as I sat through Ash Wednesday service, I can't help but wonder how you would be today.
I know that no matter what, no matter where I am, you and mom are with me.
Without a doubt, you would have a blast here in Hawaii.

Thank you for being a wonderful father and you never let us forget how much you loved us, I really do think God just needed you more than we do here on earth. Say hi to mom for me and know that we are trying to lead life just like you taught us.
Somehow tonight at mass, I found comfort that you were there. In some strange familiarity of mass it's like the years haven't passed.

I am still the little girl who loves her daddy very much and would follow him anywhere.

Once a daddy's girl, ALWAYS a daddy's girl

I love you.

No comments: