Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our First Married Valentine's Day

I got a card EARLY from MY favorite Sailor and I was a good girl and waited until this morning to open it.
I love my husband!
No matter how near or far we are, we know how much each other is loved.
That is all that matters.
I smiled and am more than happy with just a card from MY favorite Sailor as I know that he took the time and effort to mail it from God knows where, and it has the USS Someship Stamp...awww.

Although this is our first married Valentine's day, it isn't dampened by the fact he is playing battleship. In fact, I am proud of the fact that he is serving our country and sacrificing chocolates and dinner with me for the welfare of our country.

I know that some people don't celebrate Valentine's day but for us it just another awesome reminder why we are together. We don't need fancy things or gifts in general just our love to lead us through our journey of life and give love to those we will encounter along the way.

Today, here on the big rock..
I did have the wonderful blessing of spending Valentine's day with my friends.
The afternoon starting with an afternoon with the FRG where we made posters for our guys to show them that we miss them and they will be sent to the ship to boost morale.
I need to say, my poster was attacked by someone's kid!
Sigh, well...what is done is done. I was letting my sign dry when some kid got ahold of it with a green marker.
Oh well, I just wrote, sorry the sign was tagged. Child's (not ours) artwork! :(
I guess it added depth to my sign...

Later in the afternoon and evening I spent time with C and her boys.
They are soo cute!
We had a nice dinner and at the end we were even given our own box of chocolates from the waitress, now wasn't that nice!
We then did some shopping and hung out and watched a movie.
It was so much fun!

I will never get tired of saying this...friends and family are what makes your life!
Thank God for them!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: