Monday, January 26, 2009

It's been 3 years

So.......
As happy as I have been for my husband in emails it has been a small roller-coaster here at home.
Nothing major! But definitely much more positive and upbeat that the last battleship tour!

On Friday, it was three years that my mom passed and it struck me as I was watching my students play on the playground.
Funny how life goes on, but yet I still felt a twinge of guilt.
I tried so hard not to dwell and strange thing, I could feel my mom telling me to stop it!

She was totally with me that day and from what I heard from my siblings she was with them too. They made it through the day with flying colors and I am so proud of them. We are truly growing up!

Friday was also one of my best friends birthday dinner and outing and I wasn't going to miss that for the world!
I am so glad that I went out and I had a blast.


I realize that life is definitely what you make it.

I want this deployment to be a good one and I am doing everything in my power to make it easier for my husband to do his job without worrying about me.
NO NEED TO!

Just like my note said from my friend, they are here to take care of me and in return I am here to take care of them!

Tonight as I begin a new week...I am just so blessed to have a great support group of wonderful friends.

I can't say that this week has been boring, I have been blessed with so many sending their thoughts and well wishes and dinner invites.

For all of you I am truly thankful.

For MY MAMA - YOU ARE MISSED AND LOVED
I hope you are smiling down on me and proud! :)
----R.I.P. January 23, 2006-------

1 comment:

april said...

im happy for you...it sounds like you have peace...your mom is missed and loved and she would be so proud of you right now - we all are! love you!