Tuesday, January 20, 2009

REPOST-Thought this posting was better!

Today.... my heart sailed away.

I watched until I couldn't see the ship anymore; I gathered what was left of my gut from the pier and made my way home.
We have all been through deployments and no matter how many times you've said "See You Soon" (we don't say good bye) it still stings. You still cry. Maybe you do not cry as hard or as much but it still hurts.

I am not home for 5 minutes when I see the light blinking on the phone that there is a message. NoBODY ever calls my house number! I am thinking, ok...DH must have called and left me a msg to find. He does this. I check it, and nope not him.

I have a missed delivery. Please call us back with a convenient time for you to have your arrangement delivered. WHAT??!!! No, I know DH...he's sneaky but it's not Valentine's and I know his mannerisms and I already peeked at my surprise last night. (Don’t tell him I peeked before he left)
No, I am thinking my sister. Either my biological or my non-biological sister!

I text the suspected person and she claims to know nothing about a delivery! NADA! Maybe your husband sent you something!?!?!? "Furniture", she says....yeah right....where in the heck do I put another thing in this house??!! I get another call that my edible arrangement is on the way...


I hear the doorbell not even 30 minutes since my heart sailed away; my frown is turned upside down by the most pleasant smelling edible arrangement EVER!

ALLBLUEZOO is sooooooo AWESOME!

She sent me an arrangement on HER birthday AND anniversary! (I KNOW!! I couldn't make this up, IF I wanted too!!! I MUST THINK OF AN AWESOME GIFT FOR HER!)
Not to mention she is working for me today on her special day!
She is so selfless, WOW!

We are truly sisters taking care of each other while our men are deployed. Thank you for taking me in!

She truly envelops everything a good friend and person should have instilled in their heart and soul.
She is a hard working, talented, loving, funny, strong willed, intelligent-wife, mother, sister, and BEST FRIEND!

Just a matter of months earlier I knew nothing of this woman, but now as we have banded together as Military Wives we are blessed to have such a wonderful friendship.

I thank you, M.
You have changed my life for a lifetime; our friendship is just beginning. Who knew that in a place where I felt so alone and frustrated, now I have a friend that I can call anytime and you have taught me so much!
You know that I would do anything I can for you or the boys.
I truly always wanted an older sister as cool as yourself.
Wishing you the best today and always sis!
¡Que Dios te bendiga!

Thanks for teaching me the "Navy Wife Ropes"; I am sure we will have a whole lifetime to laugh at each other with every mover whether we are near or far!!!
DH thanks you too! He told me before he left that I am in good hands with all of my newfound family here in Hawaii. (You, ShannonK, Patti, Erin, Susan,Steph, Lynn, Shadow)
<3
Jai

P.S.
Just when you think that you are alone or no one cares about you, I can testify somebody does.
Yes, of course my family and friends back home are there for me but NEW friends that make such a big impact on your life spread sunshine and teaches you how to carry the warmth on to others when they least expect it.

I am blessed and honored to be a military wife.

I hope one day to spread the same sunshine you have shared with me!

P.S.S.
I know, I know.
No makeup today...please excuse the photos.
There was no sense in wearing makeup that would rub off on a white uniform.
We are so eating this tomorrow night during the LOST premiere!

No comments: