Saturday, September 27, 2008

It could happen to YOU!!

Guess who was called by the Lost Casting department?  
Yes, as in Lost, the t.v. show.  

Yup, you guess it!
ME! JAI!! 
(I have the voicemail saved to prove it!!!!!!!)

It all started one hot Saturday afternoon, when DH had duty and I had read in the Honolulu Advertiser, that there was going to be an open casting call for "Lost".  I  decided to go ahead and try it out and see what it all entailed.  Well, that morning I dropped off DH at work and I piddled at home trying to talk myself out of it and couldn't find anything to wear.  I didn't have anything else to do that day, so I finally got dressed and head on over to the location.  The line was SUPER LONG!! Adding to the procrastination and urge to chicken out, I couldn't find PARKING, especially for the big truck!!

I find a public park down the way and walk to the elementary school(where the casting call was taking place), the whole way down I am praying that our truck isn't towed, and that it is still there in one piece upon my return.

So, I make the hike in a cute summer dress and I feel my makeup melting, and then it clouds over, yup you guessed it, rain.  Just a little.... so the hair is still good.

I sigh and join the line.  Looks like about 200 people in front of me....In front of me is a talkative bunch.  They are reminiscing about their previous casting experiences.....oh dear, why did I bother??????
**Sidenote, I was like number 1573, I heard that over 2000 ppl were seen.**

The couple behind me are also seasoned casting call veterans and they tell me that they "heard" that casting is looking for bilingual "extras".  The couple also has a huge umbrella..so whew I am sheltered from the sun and rain.  They were SUPER nice.

One hour passes and I am getting HUNGRY! I did not plan on being out for hours and I did not eat breakfast and I had dinner plans with the HMW (Hawaii Military Wives board) girls.

I wait another hour and casting comes out to cut the line.  Thank goodness, I wasn't cut.  By this point the group in front of me, ordered pizza, and that was grueling to watch, they did invite me to purchase some with them but I don't ever carry cash.

Here comes Miss Hawaii in her Mini Cooper, it proudly flies a Hawaii flag on the antenna and the red mini has Miss Hawaii on it, and she just parks the darn thing on the street and walks on in. Are you kidding me?  She is stopped by casting and has to wait.  

Another half hour goes by and I am getting to the front of the line.  Finally I get to the guarded gate and I am handed a number with an application printed on the back and go inside, I then find out that I am in the last group being seen for the casting call, everyone else is being sent home.

I quickly try to powder my nose, fill out my application and give them my real stats, height, weight, clothing sizes, shoe size, etc , acting experience...and proceed to have them take a head shot and they ask me some questions and see on my app that I am bilingual and the casting guy says that's great and  you're pretty.  Ugh, thank you????!!!!

Fast forward to this past Monday and casting actually calls me and I seriously thought that it was a joke.  NOPE!!! The REAL deal!!! YAY!

Sorry, no details from me about the set or anything, just that actors are REALLY thin!!

"Kate" is nothing but flawless and she is tall and ultra lean, so pretty and NICE!

I saw others on the set and was on set ALL day long, what an experience and the coolest thing about it all, it was DH's bday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE,  your wife is famous! :)

Question:  Can a Chinese food chain restaurant run out of soy sauce?  Yes, while at Panda Express this past Friday, they were OUT! Ugh, how does Panda Express run out of soy sauce??? Just give me a dab from what you are cooking with, geez, the service was poor that day!! They were rude!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: