Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So Much Can Happen In a WEEK!


O
h, it's Monday! 

Duty day AGAIN!! (@#$%&*!!)

So, it has been a week since my last post and so much has happened.  

Let's see...

*A hurricane has hit Texas.  (thank goodness all of our friends and family are safe and well)

*Remembering 9/11
(just the stories of how DH was deployed at the time and they had to turn around to go back!! DH actually got to fire some ammo! I was a SR. in college at UNT, remembering this and now as military wife..my life has changed)

*DH and I got iPhones!!! LOVE THEM!! (I am addicted!!!)

*DH and I got contacts, so WE CAN SEE! (umm, remember I nearly failed the vision exam for my new Hawai'i license..yeah, that was with my glasses!! DH and I are going to have blind children, our prescriptions are nearly EXACTLY the same, our eye shape is just different..SCARY!) This is the first time DH and I have had current vision correction and see clearly, now we know what we truly married...LOL

*we dug up our entire backyard to plant grass seed and made a ghetto sifter to get the roots and rocks out of our dirt and then laid down netting so those darn birds won't EAT the seed AGAIN! (forgot to write about that!)

*there was HUGE fire a few streets down from us (very smokey outside for a long time!!)

*I had a job interview (YAY!!)

*minor detail, I kinda lost my military dependent ID ..BUT it has been recovered!
(I can now recite procedure on how to get a new one!)

*DH and I now have Hawai'i driver's licenses

*gas has dropped at the exchange to $4.13/gallon

*I hung up at UNT flag on our front porch and DH said it was blasphemous! 

*We begun looking at our holiday travel costs, airfare to return home is OUTRAGEOUS! Looks like I will be cooking a holiday meal for 2, I did find a butterball turkey breast at the commissary, rumor has it to buy it early, because the island sells out FAST!! 

*We rode the cutest little historic train on the island!!! It was so adorable to hear the story of the train and the volunteers who give their time to share it with others!! It was a good scenic route from Ewa to Ko'Olina! :)

*We found a good steak place with ample dining room!! The food was de-lish! 

*We ate GOOD (notice I did not say GREAT) Mexican food

*We ate BAD Mexican food

*I learned how to make ringtones using iTunes for our iPhones, yes DH will confer that I AM A COMPUTER GEEK!! 

So, that is what is going on here on the rock!  
You?  
We would love to hear from you all. 
It is so good to get emails from friends(REAL EMAILS; NOT FORWARDS!!), you don't know how much we miss the mainland.

Question of the day:  
What is the name of the University of North Texas mascot?
Give up? Scrappy the Eagle.... 

Oh, did you know that there are not many local sports to watch in Hawai'i? I am going to be deprived of my Mavericks, Dallas Stars, even the Texas Rangers!! HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!! I don't want to watch the WAC conference here! I know, know, I think UNT was once in the WAC but they aren't now!!! I would order the cable channel for the Big 12 if, IF.. I had a job!! Oh... this is going to be a long, long, time at this duty station! Looks like University of Hawai'i football, oh no!! HECK NO! GO MEAN GREEN! HOOK'EM HORNS!! BTW sports come on here at weird hours because of the time difference, guess no Saturday morning cartoons here!! Will someone please email Pearl Jam for me???, I could really use a concert right about now!!!  Until the next time....

p.s.
Sorry for the lack of photos, I will go get my cord to the iphone shortly!! I am being lazy...I guess I could bluetooth, but again, L-A-Z-Y!! 

1 comment:

Jaime said...

How bout them COWBOYS!!! WHAT WHAT!