Saturday, September 6, 2008

What did you do last night?

Last night? Hmmm...what did you do?  Last night, I declared that I am officially a stay at home wife.  I FINALLY made DH his no-sew flannel blanket that I had promised him for TWO YEARS!! I wish I was kidding, but I think it has been almost two years since I bought the flannel.  I am very sorry to the person that "involuntarily donated" the rotary cutter and mat. I totally forgot we still had it, until our household goods arrived and we were packing EVERYTHING and ran across the cutting board/mat, rotary cutter, well at least one mat and blade was purchased by myself.  (We have since also repacked some of our stuff back into boxes for a garage sale or immediate change of duty station.  SOME DAYS, I WISH!!) Sorry Family D.  I should ship it back.  Anyways, I found scissors to be way easier than the cutter and I was just about done with the knotting when I found a stupid lonely piece of material, yes some where along the way I got off on the knotting process! GRRRRRR!!! Needless to say, I did have to tug at the flannel some before beginning because it had stored with the beginning 5 x 5 squares already cutfrom each corner, DH helped me with that years ago! Anyways, I pulled and pulled and readjusted the alignment and taa daa! Carefully, I cut away with skill precision using the ruled mat and was singing along to Shakira in Spanish, and here is DH's new blanket, I mean OUR new blanket! I guess I will get started on the other material I bought too! ENJOY! This blanket is cozy! I surprised DH with it while he worked diligently with our baby last night.  (our iMac)

He was shocked at what he found me doing quietly in the living room and took a quick photo of me working last night, he was probably wondering why I was so dang quiet!

Please excuse our messy living room, courtesy of me.  As you can see from our loft view you can see the living room nearly in its entirety.
That's me working! Let me give you a quick tour, that is the grants and scholarship book by the couch.  (you can barely see my study guide for graduate testing and the lsat) The mat and scrap (selvage edges) material behind me.  A picture frame waiting patiently to be hung.  Our BEAUTIFUL Persian rug DH bought on deployment, our first house warming gift.  Even if it was to our selves.  He said he bought it for me. It's sooo soft and nice.  Quite expensive, and definitely not anything I thought I would ever own.  I really love it, although I am afraid to vacuum it! We bought a small hand vac for it.  DH carried that thing onto the ship and stored it there, what a guy! I am telling you HE'S the BEST! Ipod touch charging behind me, we are apple fanatics, we own too many electronics from Apple.  We are only 2 ppl and we own 4 ipods.  I know, I know.  They each have their purpose.  

Here it is, with the infamous Sailor Bear.  Thanks Lulu for the bear! (thank you for your countless efforts trying to rescue this bear from the claws of Wally World and your $30 to get him for me because you knew I would love it!)  As you can see it is one of my favs.  <3

This is in our guest bedroom, please excuse the purple tissue box on the night stand and the box in corner awaiting garage sale day! 

No comments: